Stat Counter

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday = Friday

Thursday = Friday

Well, Thursday is apparently the big night for happy hour, judging by the unbelievable amount of people who were milling about this evening! My new lunch buddy, who is a very cool Italian guy, invited me to join a bunch of (mostly) Bank of America friends for a happy hour. One girl was celebrating a birthday, another guy was celebrating his birthday and passing the CFA exam, etc. It was a big group of probably 20-30 people, but I managed to have 3 or 4 really interesting conversations and set up a few more potential lunch dates. Everyone I talked to was very friendly, and I think they are equally interested in networking and making connections with people in the U.S. So, even if I do not manage to do a whole lot by way of socializing this weekend, at least I got out tonight! (Though I left early and was still home by dark.)

I must say, I am enjoying this sort of big-city snooping/watching your neighbors. Right now, I am quite curious about the people across the way from me…this guy with a big frizzy Afro is drinking a Corona and dancing in front of a wide-screen TV in such a wild way I cannot help thinking it’s more entertaining than what’s on the telly!

No comments: