Stat Counter

Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday night

Wow, it has been a CRAZY Friday night! First of all, I stayed at work until 6:45 and was, I'm pretty sure, the last person on the floor. How lame, huh? However, they have assigned me this certain project, and it is taking me longer to complete than I anticipated...and I really want to finish it up. So, I may even work on it some more this weekend.

I am sort of relieved that they are keeping me so busy, as I figure that way there's no chance they'll send me home early! Plus, it is certainly nice not to be twiddling my thumbs, and it's pretty cool that this is turning out to be such a good experience all around.

Anyway, I decided to make myself a yummy dinner, based on a recipe that I watched Nigella make earlier this week:

Cider Mustard Pork Chops with Gnocchi
Pound a couple of chops to flatten them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute in olive oil for 5 minutes on each side. When the chops are done, remove and keep warm. Boil the gnocchi while you prepare the cream sauce: Pour a bottle (I only used 1/2) of cider into the skillet and let it reduce. (Wasn't sure how long this should take, so I let it boil a good 10 minutes or so.) Then, stir in some grainy mustard. Once that is incorporated, add double cream (think this must be the equivalent of heavy cream...it is 45% fat. YUM!).

It was pretty good! I have discovered this delicious brand of dessert called GU. It comes in these little glass ramekins, which I am now collecting. I got a box of two that were chocolate fudge and rasperry sauce, and those were divine. However, the lemon cheesecake ones I got tonight were a little disappointing.

There is a CUTE neighbor across the way. (The crazy 'fro head and his girlfriend must be out tonight.) For quite a while, he was sitting on his sofa shirtless and working on his computer...too bad he finally closed the blinds!

The weather is supposed to be very nice this weekend, so I need to pick out some good outdoor activities. Apparently I need to take advantage of the pleasant forecast while it lasts...

No comments: