Stat Counter

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Volunteer Weekend

One thing that has been really lacking since I moved to NYC is my volunteer life. Last weekend I got back on track!

On Friday night, I spent the night at a shelter for homeless women run by St. Barts Church on Park Ave. I was paired with an experienced volunteer to help me get oriented, and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon. It's a 12-hour shift, but you sleep through most of it, so it goes by quickly.

The next morning was Citi's 200th anniversary! We celebrated with Global Community Day; the company organized volunteer evnets around the world. My team worked with the Red Cross. We stuffed teddy bears, assembled flood and disaster kits, and wrote letters to soldiers. Time well spent...it's about time I started giving back to the city that has given so much to me!

No comments: