Stat Counter

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Race for the Cure

Thanks to my friend Jen, a fellow Southern belle in NYC, for inviting me to join her colleagues for today's Race for the Cure. It started at 9 on Central Park West, so we met a few blocks south of the start line at 8:45.
I had done Race for the Cure a few times in Charlotte, and this was very similar. It's great people-watching, and seeing the signs, costumes and t-shirts is really touching and entertaining.
We decided to walk, as it's sometimes almost impossible to jog during these big events anyway. It was a really slow start...I think it took us a good 20 minutes to cross the start line.
It was such a slow walk that I honestly felt like I should get some exercise afterwards...instead, we headed to brunch with two other girls. Just because you didn't break a sweat doesn't mean you don't deserve a breakfast burrito, right??
I took it easy for the rest of the afternoon and went for a stroll around 6. I happened up on a jazz service at a Lutheran church on Christopher Street and decided to wander in. What a delight! It was a very ecclectic crowd, inspiring music and a meaningful message. A very meaningful way to wrap up the weekend. Got some broccoli soup for dinner and am enjoying the Emmys with my roomie.

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

Such a great in every city!