Stat Counter

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fashion Show

On Friday night, I met up with Mae and Maggie for the Gen Art Fresh Faces in Fashion Show. Mae asked a few weeks ago if I wanted to go because it's one of the only shows you can buy tickets for.

As New York Magazine put it: "Long before there was Project Runway there was Gen Art, which has been scouting and showcasing new talent in art and fashion for nearly fifteen years."  
Mae and I had balcony seats, and Maggie was on the floor. I really don't know much about fashion, but none of us were particularly impressed. My biggest takeaway was that I felt as if I were at an anorexia convention! The models were so skinny it was disturbing. I realize that's typical for runway shows, I'd just never really seen it in person.

We joked that more straight men should come to fashion shows, as they're an excellent place to pick up women. I would also like to note that an added benefit for the males is that THE MODELS DO NOT WEAR BRAS. Seriously?? I am not sure if this is because of all their quick changes, etc., but I was completely distracted by all of the nipple action going on.
Maggie and Mae managed to get a few decent photos, but I pulled out my camera when I saw the outfit above. Let me zoom that in for you...
Unfortunately, the picture doesn't really do it justice, but I swear to you it was a bikini top AND OVERALLS. And they say trends don't start in Alabama...

I was so hungry after watching all those girls, we made a beeline for the Tick Tock diner, and I ordered myself a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

No comments: