Stat Counter

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas

Well, I told myself I'd cook once a week in my new kitchen...

Not really hitting that goal, since this is only the second meal I've cooked, and I'm approaching my one-month anniversary. Oh, well. There's always next month.

Anyway, tonight I was inspired to make something that's become a springtime favorite since I discovered it a few years ago: Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas. The lemon and the veggies trick you into thinking you're eating something healthy, but the cream and the gnocchi are just pure comfort. I love the slight kick from the bit of red pepper.
This is a great weeknight staple because you can keep most of the ingredients on hand. Unfortunately, I was down to nothing but milk and Raisin Bran, so I had to make a field trip to the market. Kurt had told me about the West Side Market on 7th Avenue and 14th Street. I'm in love and cannot wait to return. It was even better than the nearby D'Agostino's. The salad bar was like a rainbow oasis! There is nothing more dangerous than going to the grocery store when you're hungry. Fortunately, I held myself in check and stuck to my list of ingredients (note to the cheese counter: I'll be back).

I added some seared salmon to make it more of a complete meal. Even better, I picked up a bottle of fizzy rose at the wine store nearby. Excellent! 

No comments: