Stat Counter

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Old Friends, New Memories!

First stop in Durham for my 15-year reunion weekend: lunch at Bullock's. YUM! The waitress let us taste test the two types of barbecue...
My plate looks almost healthy with all of those green veggies!
Not pictured: the chocolate pie and banana pudding I insisted we get for dessert. Awesome meal.

Sadly, the Friday night party was far less stellar. Afternoon flights from NYC were delayed by weather, but whatever the cause, attendance was lame, and the event was just not all that fun. I was also in a bit of a funk because my hot date Barb had to stay in Dallas at the last minute to care for a very sick daughter. Nevertheless, Caroline filled in as an awesome weekend sidekick!
Nothing says "get your groove on" like a gym full of strollers...
Saturday was glorious! Caroline and I started it off with a long walk around the trail at the Washington Duke, then we met the boys for brunch at Fosters, where I ran into my friend Rebecca from NYC! She was in town to run a race in Raleigh. What you can't see here is that we are basically wearing matching outfits...

We headed to campus to walk around and enjoy the perfect Carolina spring weather...



Missing my bench-sitting buddy Barb outside of House P...

The gala on Saturday night was an absolute blast. Duke does such a fabulous job with reunions...they construct an enormous climate-controlled tent, complete with the fanciest port-a-johns you've ever seen. It's like a really big wedding reception, with an awesome band, great food, and sections for all of the classes there for the weekend. Turns out my friend Shaun from Charlotte is on the same reunion cycle I am!






We all danced up a storm...with the charge led as usual by Angelina. By the end of the night, our dogs were barking, but I got a compliment that made those tall leopard heels totally worthwhile! 
Sunday morning brunch in Duke Gardens was the perfect weekend finale. The weather was straight out of a campus catalog. One of the things I love about reunions is getting to know friends of friends...people I didn't connect with during our four years on campus, but people I would have bonded with sooner if circumstances had brought us closer. 




A good time was had by all...including Buddy!

1 comment:

Neil said...

Love these pictures! such a great weekend.