Stat Counter

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lunch at ABC Kitchen

On MLK Day, my friend Leora and I took advantage of the holiday to hit ABC Kitchen for lunch. The farm-to-table restaurant north of Union Square won the James Beard Award for Best New Restaurant in 2011.

I'd planned to do the prix fixe, but Leora and I were both uninspired by the offerings, so we ordered from the regular lunch menu.

First course: roasted kabocha squash toast with ricotta and apple cider vinegar. One of the best things I've eaten this year! Mark Bittman of the NYT posted a Thanksgiving video with Jean Georges showing how to make it. Can't wait to try it myself.
Next up: line caught tuna sashimi marinated with ginger and mint, and raw diver sea scallops with chili pepper and raddish. We preferred the sashimi, but it was fun to taste both.


We wanted to share our entrees, so they split them for us in the kitchen. Classy! Black sea bass with chilies and herbs, spinach and basil.
Arctic char with roasted vegetables and some kind of puree.
Roasted brussels sprouts in a yummy, spicy sauce.
And now...the grand finale...honestly, I can't stop thinking about this dessert! I have been obsessed with caramel corn on desserts ever since Mom's 60th birthday dinner at American Seasons in Nantucket. This salted caramel ice cream sundae was THE BOMB. And you can make it yourself! What do y'all think the chances are of finding salted caramel ice cream at the Quincy Winn Dixie?

No comments: