Stat Counter

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shotgun for carpool

I used my time between jobs to catch up with college friends. My college roommate Barb lives in Dallas with her handsome hubs and adorable kiddos, Maggie and J.B. Barb's husband Burns was away on business travel, so I set up shop in their lovely guest house and kept her company.

We spent a few days going to the gym, shopping and gabbing. Such fun to get together with an old friend and feel like no time has passed. Our lives have changed, but deep down we are still Babsley and Lynbra!

There is nobody I trust to give me fashion advice like Babs...we hit the best consignment shop in town, Clotheshorse Anonymous, and loaded up on designer duds. One gal's junk, right? I snagged a DVF dress and a few other fab finds for the spring wedding circuit.

I do believe the quote of the week was the moment when J.B. came running out of the practice arena at gymnastics, looked at Babs and me watching him, and proudly announced to his class and teacher, "I have two mommies!!!"

Costume time: Maggie dressed up like a snowman

Sweet Maggie is ready for school...
"OK, now take a picture of my bottom."
J.B. chowing down on his spaghetti at the club.
Maggie and her mac and cheese...
On the way to school...
Duke love in the yard...
J.B. was not feeling the camera...unusual for the little love bug man! He filled me up with kisses and cuddles. I thought I was his new favorite person! "Umm, no offense," Burns warned, "but in case you're wondering...yes, he's pretty much like that with everyone." Cannot wait to see those little personalities grow.
My "treasure" from the consignment shop...never-worn Givenchy heels! Original retail: $850. (My mom's quote: "Please tell me you did not pay more than $50 for those." Sure, Mom, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! One more purchase for the "hookered up" file -- a leather dress. To do: find leather dress-worthy occasion!)
Babs getting a "how to" lesson in smoky eyes for the school gala...
Babs demonstrating how she's gonna rock those smoky eyes...
Showing off my loot...python print BCBG dress and pink Cole Haan ballet flats.

Hopefully Burns will not have a heart attack when the bills come in. It's only every two years that Barb and I get together...we had to make up for lost time! At least we did not hit Neiman Marcus this round...
Such a joy to see one of my besties with a happy, full life. Babs, you have always excelled at everything you've done...motherhood is no exception!! HUGS.

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

Love that neighborhood! Gorgeous houses!