Stat Counter

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Family reunion in Dallas

There are friends...there is family...and then there are friends who feel like family. While in Dallas, I drove to the suburban metropolis of Trophy Club to visit with my friend Hilary's parents, Ross and Judy, and her sister, Jaime. I am so fond of all of them! I also got to meet Hilary's Aunt Cindy, Uncle George and cousin Mallory.

They treated me to lunch at Babe's, a Texas institution. It has no menu. You simply choose between fried chicken or chicken-fried steak. Everything is served family-style. The meal comes with biscuits, green salad, creamed corn and mashed potatoes.

HEAVEN!!! We went on a Wednesday afternoon...apparently the line stretches all over the sidewalk on weekends. Good thing I decided to wear my skort with an elastic waist that day...
Jaime and her precious pup, Toula

No comments: