Stat Counter

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dining in Dallas

Had an awesome meal with Babs at Marquee in Dallas. The chef is Tre Wilcox, who was on Top Chef in 2007. Our waiter got him to come out from the kitchen and speak to us, which was fun. Naturally I asked him about his favorite restaurants in NYC.

I had a fried oyster salad and fish...Barb had the pork chop. Delicious food...I also hailed the arrival of spring with a Pimms Cup, but we had to go easy on the alcohol because we had a session booked with Barb's personal trainer the next morning!

I didn't pack anything cute to wear for dinner, so I just raided Barb's closet as if it were 1996, slipping into a pair of her hooker boots and a black knit top...
Fried oyster salad with bibb lettuce, pepperoncini, tomatoes, lemon Tabasco vinaigrette (a little spicier than I would have liked it, but I do adore a fried oyster salad)
Grilled pork chop with butternut squash puree and collards (the waiter promised this would come with bacon-cheddar cheese grits...and brought us some when it did not...those may have been my favorite part of the meal!)
Crispy seared baramundi with eggplant gratin, baby artichokes, lemon and smoked caviar sauce 
Marquee chocolate tart with caramel popcorn and salted butter ice cream...

No comments: