Stat Counter

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sunday in the Park with Kurt

Sunday was absolutely gorgeous, so Kurt and I rented bikes and headed north along the Hudson River Park greenway...
At 79th Street, we turned east and went toward Central Park. Riding in city traffic -- yowzers! Fortunately, it was Sunday, and I'd gotten a taste of it when we had to head up the West Side Highway a few weeks ago during the Governors Island outing gone wrong. So, I handled it like a big girl. At least we had helmets this time... 


Moment of celebration after I made it up the "Great Hill" at the north end of the park...

 
We rode home along 9th Avenue, which required even more big girl panties than riding to the park...but I am so proud of myself! Kurt almost collided with a pedestrian, and there were a few near-misses with delivery guys riding the wrong way, but we made it. Honestly, it made me as proud of myself as driving in a foreign country (most recently in a stick shift and in a big ol' van on the left side of the road in South Africa in 2006, thank you very much). There is much to be said for pushing yourself through your fears!

After our ride, we fueled up with some tacos from the "Eat Here Now...Now Eat Here" taco stand that appears in our neighborhood on weekends. We'd both been meaning to try it out...yummers! I will be back for one of their breakfast burritos sometime.

While we were waiting for our food, I asked the owner if the papparazzi are often camped out in front of Jennifer Aniston's apartment building next door. He said yes -- and the cheap bastards never buy any tacos!

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

Awesome! so, are you still renting a bike or did you buy one? good girl on getting a helmet!