Stat Counter

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Corn salad

I have two goals with my cooking:

1. Waste less: Use what I have on hand. Don't buy special ingredients for one recipe. 2. Be more inventive and less reliant on recipes.

I accomplished both of those with my Friday lunch. Once again, I over-bought at the grocery store last weekend, so I found myself at the end of the week with a number of fresh items that needed to be used immediately.

This corn, tomato, red onion, haricort vert (tiny French green beans) and cilantro salad was the result. I cubed some remaining fresh mozzarella (left over from making bread salad on Sunday -- still savoring how fabulous that was!). Drizzled it with olive oil, squeezed a few fresh limes and sprinkled it with salt and pepper.

Shared it with my friend Dee. So nice to have something fresh, healthy and tasty! 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who ends up with "fresh" items that have to be used quickly at the end of the week so they don't spoil!

Neil said...

that looks delicious! except for the red onions. :)