Stat Counter

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Salmon and Zoe's Beans

One of my favorite fast-casual spots these days is Zoe's Kitchen in Midtown. They offer a side of white beans with garlic and rosemary. I figured the dish couldn't be hard to recreate, so I gave it a shot recently.

In my freezer, I had a bag of cooked white beans. (I'd saved them from something else I'd made, probably chicken chili. I think it's fun to cook with dried beans, as they are inexpensive and lower in sodium than the canned ones.)

I defrosted the beans and covered them in a pot with some chicken broth. Then I added a generous teaspoon of chopped garlic and another teaspoon or so of dried rosemary. I just let them simmer for a while so they'd get the sort of mushy, stewed consistency that I like at the restaurant.
When they were almost ready, I drizzed them with a little high-quality olive oil and added salt and pepper.

To go with the beans, I poached some salmon fillets in white wine and mustard. I just put the fish in a glass dish, drizzled the wine, squeezed on a little Dijon mustard, and sprinkled with s&p. Then I covered the dish with foil and baked at 375 for 20 minutes or so.
 Added some steamed green beans and enjoyed an easy, yummy, healthy (I think!) dinner.

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

YAY for healthy! I've never eaten at Zoes.