Stat Counter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

I didn't grocery shop before the snow fell on Sunday (couldn't stand the idea of fighting the crowd), so I have been cleaning out the fridge and pantry while trapped at home these past two days.

Fortunately, I made a pot of bean soup for Sunday lunch, and Leigh Ann made a pot of potato soup, so those have been great to have. Today I pulled out a bag of cauliflower and a recipe my friend Page gave me last fall.
 Roasted Cauliflower
  1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place cauliflower florets on top.
  2. Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and marjoram.  
  3. Roast at 400 for 10 minutes.
  4. Take out, turn, pour balsamic vinegar over to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  5. Roast 10 more minutes.
  6. Turn again. Add more yummy stuff, if you think it needs it.
  7. Roast for 10 more minutes, maybe less. Watch it closely.
I was marjoramless and still thought it turned out great! Definitely an easy veggie to add to your winter rotation. Lord knows we can all use a creative way to prepare cauliflower.

No comments: